Mobile marketing is here to stay. RKF Search Results is advising those many businesses don’t yet realize that both consumers and businesses are more frequently now accessing information through through a variety of smartphone and tablet devices. This shift has fundamentally changed the way information is now accessed. It is NOW time for All industries to adapt their marketing efforts to keep up with competitors.
“Fifteen years ago, the question was ‘do you have a website’? Over the next five years, the prevailing question is changing to ‘do you have a “mobile-friendly” website’?”
Here are the surprising statistics that may motivate you to upgrade to mobile compatibility:
- 194,000 iPhones are now sold per day; 500,000 Android devices were activated per day in 2011
- The average smartphone user views up to 24 Web sites visits per day
- 40% of tweets are being sent via mobile; 33% of Facebook posts are being sent via mobile
- Mobile searches increased by 130% in Q3 2010
- By 2015, statistics are showing that American will use 50+% more mobile than PC
What does it mean to “go mobile?” How can your business draw in new customers and entice repeat business from existing customers by creating a powerful mobile marketing platform? Here are some steps you can take to take advantage of the mobile bandwagon and start benefiting:
- Make your website mobile-friendly: Your website must be easy to read on a mobile device, and products should be easy to purchase if you sell online. It’s the usual numbers game. Those who update their websites to appear and work optimally within the majority of these ‘mobile’ contexts will engage, satisfy and capture a larger number of customers than competitors who do not.
- Build your mobile database: Contacting your clients on their smartphones is powerful because it is intimate and personal. Customers MUST Opt-In to have permission to contact someone on their mobile device. Being transparent about how you will reach out via mobile, and provide benefits like discounted last minute appointments as well as special promotions that allow you to reach out via the mobile method. Text reminders and last minute benefits are valuable to your clients – inform them about the benefits of your mobile outreach!
- Utilize QR Codes: Include a QR code (“quick response code”) in print marketing that links to your mobile-friendly website. You can generate and print your own QR codes for free, for others to scan, by visiting one of many sites that generate them. QR codes can connect a person equipped with a smartphone to not just text or contact information, but also to email, IM, SMS, a web site, or a cell phone number.
Be on the lookout for future blog posts from RKF Search Results where more details will be provided.
Looking for help with your mobile efforts?